Vegetarian or Vegan Chilli
Tasty and healthy and very quick. Full of spice and non vegetarians will still love it. One meal that will keep everyone happy. Serves 3. Total prep and cook time, 30 minutes.
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 diced onion
2 cloves of crushed garlic
1 tsp of cumin seeds
2 tsp of cayenne pepper
1 can of tinned tomatoes (or 4-5 fresh tomatoes)
1 tin of red kidney beans
1 tin of cannellini beans
A packet of corn chips for serving
a tub of sour cream
Fresh oregano for serving
1. Heat oil in a fry pan and add onion, fry for 5 minutes until light brown.
2. Add garlic and fry for 2 minutes
3. Add cumin seeds and cayenne pepper and fry off for 2 minutes
4. Add diced capsicums and fry for 5 minutes
5. Add tinned tomatoes and reduce over low heat for 20 minutes
6. Add beans and heat through
7. Serve on corn chips with a healthy dollop of sour cream and fresh oregano.