Yield: 4 patties
Dish: main meal
Cuisine: New Zealand
1 packet of mushrooms 1 tin of red kidney beans 1 onion 1 garlic clove (or 1tsp crushed garlic) 1 tsp of cumin 1/2 tsp of dried turmeric 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
- Heat oil in a large frypan
- Add onion, garlic, turmeric and cumin and cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until browned
- Add chopped mushrooms and fry until soft, set aside
- Drain kidney beans, rinse, blend or mash. Add fried mushrooms, blend or mash a little more until having a chunky paste.
- Mix through bread crumbs and make it into 4 patties
- Heat in a little olive oil in a frypan and cook the patties for 8-10 minutes
- Serve in a wrap with caramelised onion, yoghurt, coriander and fresh cucumber and hummus with roast cauliflower and fresh sliced cucumber tossed in mint and yoghurt with hummus to the side.
Review this recipe
0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.