Yield: 4 patties
Dish: main meal
Cuisine: New Zealand
1 packet of mushrooms 1 tin of red kidney beans 1 onion 1 garlic clove (or 1tsp crushed garlic) 1 tsp of cumin 1/2 tsp of dried turmeric 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
- Heat oil in a large frypan
- Add onion, garlic, turmeric and cumin and cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until browned
- Add chopped mushrooms and fry until soft, set aside
- Drain kidney beans, rinse, blend or mash. Add fried mushrooms, blend or mash a little more until having a chunky paste.
- Mix through bread crumbs and make it into 4 patties
- Heat in a little olive oil in a frypan and cook the patties for 8-10 minutes
- Serve in a wrap with caramelised onion, yoghurt, coriander and fresh cucumber and hummus with roast cauliflower and fresh sliced cucumber tossed in mint and yoghurt with hummus to the side.