Vegetarian Christmas Wreath
Yield: 6 servings
Dish: main meal
Cuisine: New Zealand
- 1 cup of cooked spinach
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp of cooking oil
- 1 tsp of crushed garlic
- 200g of mushrooms
- 1 tsp of grated gruyere cheese (or blue cheese)
- 1/2 cup of rice crumbs
- 2 sheets of flaky pastry
- 1 egg ( save a little of the white to brush over the pastry)
- Steam spinach for 5 minutes until wilted, then blend
- Meanwhile dice the onion and fry in a frypan with heated cooking oil and garlic until it starts to brown then add diced mushrooms. Fry for 2-5 minutes.
- Mix together filling ingredients: mushrooms, spinach, rice crumbs, egg and gruyere
- Layout in the pastry and fold over into a plait to look like a wreath. Tip: use the base of a cake tin and lightly grease before making the wreath on the cake tin base. Brush egg white over the pastry top.
- Bake at 180c for 15-20 minutes until browned on top.
- Serve as is and slice in front of your table.
Review this recipe
0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.