Yield: 2 servings
Dish: main meal
Cuisine: New Zealand
- 2 tuna steaks (prepare steaks by halving so that they are no more than 20mm thick)
- 2 shanghai cabbage
- 1-2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- Rockmelon salad (optional)
- To cook your tuna simply fry for 1-2 minutes each side like you would a steak. I like my steak still red in the middle, so closer to 1 minute. But you can cook it through so that it is flaky, when not overcooked texture is amazing.
- To cook the shanghai cabbage cut off the end and fry in the cooking oil, with ginger and garlic for 30 seconds-1 minute.
- Simply serve steaks with shanghai cabbage and hoisin sauce drizzled on top.
- You can also try making a delightful rockmelon salad to go with this meal this week too. Rockmelon, coriander with lemon and lime squeezed on top.