Rump steak and salad
Yield: 2-4 servings
Dish: main meal
Cuisine: New Zealand
- Cos lettuce shredded
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 1 tomato
- 1 packet alfalfa sprouts
- cooked brown rice (optional)
- 2-4 rump steaks
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Or your favourite salad dressing
- Oil and salt the room temperature steak
- Transfer and cook onto heated frypan, searing both sides for 30 seconds
- Remove from heat and when the splattering stops transfer into a heated 180c oven and cook for a further 7-10 mins.
- While the steak is cooking prepare the salad above, to make the dressing add balsamic and olive oil together and either shake or whish with a fork until you get a creamy dressing. or use your favourite salad dressing.
- Remove the steak from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Sitting is a very important part of the cooking process, so don’t leave it out. It helps with tenderness and flavour develop.
Review this recipe
0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.