Roast Pumpkin Pasta
Dish: main meal
Cuisine: New Zealand
- 1 roasted pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cloves of garlic or 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 cups of your favourite stock
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (it gives it a lovely kick)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp tomato paste or 1/4 cup of Pasta Pomodoro Sauce
1. Roast pumpkin (slice and coat in oil, roast for 20-30 minutes at 180C until soft).
2. Cook pasta
3. In a large pot or wok, fry garlic in oil for 30 seconds until bubbling, add pumpkin, stock, cayenne pepper and tomato paste.
4. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until pasta is cooked. Stir as required so it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
5. Blend into a smooth sauce, taste and adjust to your tastes (you may like it more or less tomatoey)
6. Toss through pasta and sprinkle over the cheese and serve immediately. Lovely also served with roasted walnuts, cashew nuts or sesame seeds on top.