Roast lamb shanks
Yield: 2 servings
Dish: main meal
Cuisine: New Zealand
- 2 lamb shanks (favourite seasonings are rosemary, oregano and garlic)
- Leek (fried in 1 tbsp butter)
- 1 tsp of crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup of cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp flour (I use gluten-free flour)
- In a roasting tray add lamb shanks and any seasoning and coat with a little oil.
- Roast uncovered for 30 mins at 180c
- Add diced swede and kumara, coated in a little oil with crushed garlic and curry powder and roast for a further 2 hours at 150c until lamb is tender and falls off the bone.
- 5 mins before serving dice leek and fry in butter for 2-5 minutes until tender
- Add your plates into the oven too! nothing is worse than a cold roast
- Make traditional gravy from the lamb fat. Remove the vegetables from the roasting tray, add flour, stir through to absorb the fat. Over hob heat add boiling water bit by bit, stirring continuously with a whisk until you have a thick gravy
- Sever and enjoy..!!