Yield: 6 servings
Dish: main meal
Cuisine: New Zealand
- 1 Brisket 1 kg
- 3 red onions
- 2 tbsp of cooking oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Green beans
- Spinach salad
- Roast vegetables: Onion, capsicum, kumara, pumpkin, potato
- Caramelise onions in a frying pan with cooking oil and salt to taste. Add honey and balsamic vinegar on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and stir through
- Cover brisket in sauce, add 2 tbsp water to the roasting dish and roast covered at 150c for 4-6 hours. Cover with tinfoil crimped around over the edges.
- 1 hour before serving, pop roast vegetables in the oven coated in a little oil.
- Steam green beans and/or make a basic spinach leaf salad with balsamic vinegar and olive oil as the dressing. Feta cheese is also delicious with this meal.
- Serve as a big sharing meal like below. Perfect for a Sunday family roast.