Yield: 6 servings
- 1 cup of flour (use gluten free flour if desired)
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 6 pears cut into slices
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 50g butter
- 1/3 cup of sliced almonds
- In a large fry pan, melt butter and brown sugar. Stew pears for 2 minutes coating with the caramelised brown sugar. Set aside.
- Sift the flour and add the first 6 dry ingredients into a bowl
- Slowly mix through the milk to make the sponge topping
- Layer the pear pudding in a large baking dish. Add pears to the base, retaining the brown sugar sauce. Then add the sponge topping, sliced almonds.
- Drizzle over the retained brown sugar sauce
- Bake at 180°C for 40 minutes until crisp on top and cooked through
Review this recipe
0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.