Paella Risotto Cross
Dish: main meal
Cuisine: New Zealand
- 1 onion
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cups of rice (preferably Arborio rice)
- 5 sausages
- A handful of spinach
- 5-10 small cherry tomatoes
- 125g tomato paste
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- Tasty or parmesan cheese for serving.
1. On medium heat in a large pot, brown onions in cooking oil
2. Add rice and vegetable stock and reduce down on low heat. Watch and stir continuously topping up with boiling water so the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom. Keep adding water in 1/2 cup additions for 15-10 minutes every 5 minutes or so. When the rice is nearly done, stir through the mushrooms, tomato paste and cooked sausages.
3. Meanwhile, as you are watching the rice fry the sausages.
4. Done and serve with a good amount of cheese on top.