Olwyns Brisket Roast
Dish: main meal
Cuisine: New Zealand
- 1kg brisket roast
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Tomato paste
- 1 can of tinned tomatoes
- 2 cups of beef stock
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 dessert spoon of paprika
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- In a frypan heat cooking oil and add diced onion, leek and crushed garlic
- Fry for 2-5 mins until onions and garlic are browned
- Add spices and fry off for 30 seconds
- Add tomato paste and fry for 2-5 minutes
- Rub the paste over the brisket and pop into a casserole dish
- Add the can tinned tomatoes and beef stock at top
- Pop onto roast for 4-6 hours at 150c
- 10 mins before serving remove from the oven and shred brisket using 2 forks. Add the tinned beans. Return to the oven and cook for further 10 minutes.
- Done, it can be kept in the fridge, sealed, for up to the week.
- Serve in a wrap or with potato mash and seasonal veg or even on steamed rice.
Review this recipe
0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.