Mussel Fritters served with Coleslaw
Yield: 4 servings
Dish: New Zealand Original
Cuisine: New Zealand
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 of flour
- 1/4 cup of milk
- A handful of coriander
- 1 spring onion sprig
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- sour cream and lemon for serving
- 4 carrots
- 1/8th of cabbage
- 2 handful of mung beans
- 1 tsp of crushed ginger
- 1 tsp of Worchester sauce
- In a bowl mix together blended mussels, eggs, flour, milk finely chopped coriander and spring onions. Until you get a very thick paste
- Heat olive oil in a frypan and fry the mussel kix on medium heat for 2-5 min each side. Flip when browned and remove when cooked through. Makes 10-12 fritters
- Meanwhile, grate the carrot and finely slice cabbage. toss together with mung beans
- When fritters are cooked quickly fry ginger for 30 seconds then add and fry coleslaw for 1 minute, toss through Worchester sauce.
- Serve with a light sour cream or unsweetened yoghurt, with lime or lemon.
Review this recipe
0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.