Mild Fish Curry
Yield: 4 servings
Dish: New Zealand Original
Cuisine: New Zealand
- 4 white fish fillets (a strong fish like warehou is delicious)
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp of crushed garlic, ginger and chilli
- 1-2 tsp of curry powder
- 1-2 tbsp of cooking oil
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 1/2 bag of mung beans
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- Cherry tomatoes for serving
- Dice and fry onion, garlic, ginger and chilli in a large wok with cooking oil
- Add desiccated coconut and curry powder and brown for 2-3 minutes
- Add carrots, mung beans, coconut milk and vegetable stock and boil/simmer for 10 minutes until carrots are soft. Add hot water as required
- Remove from heat, stir through tomato paste and blend into a smooth sauce.
- While cooling heat oil in the frypan and then fry your fish. Approx 2 minutes each side until cooked through.
Review this recipe
0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.