Fresh Cous Cous Salad with Steamed Fish
Yield: 4 servings
Dish: main meal
Cuisine: New Zealand
- 1 courgette
- 1 carrot
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 cup of cooked cous cous
- 400g white fish fillets (4 fillets)
- lemon or orange
1. Prepare fish fillets by wrapping in tin foil with a lemon or orange slices on top
2. Steam in the foil pocket for 20 minutes at 180C
3. Meanwhile prepare couscous as per instructions. For my gluten-free couscous (corn-based) I boiled 1 cup of water with oil and salt, then added couscous. Let is sit for 10 minutes and fluffed it up with a fork
4. Grate courgette and carrot, and drain and wash chickpeas
5. In a bowl toss together: courgette, carrot, chickpeas and couscous
6. To make the vinegarette, slice the corn kernels off the cob and blend together with the vinegar. Add canola oil and honey and whisk together until you have a creamy dressing. Adjust to your tastes.
7. Remove fish from the oven and serve like below, tuck in.
Review this recipe
0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.