Chicken Drumstick Roast
Cuisine: New Zealand
- 6 Free-Range Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Vegetables (pick your favourites)
- Dry Spices
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Mix the Dijon mustard, oil and honey together until you get dressing to marinate the chicken in. Either whisk or shake it. Coat the chicken in the dressing. It’s best if you can marinate for 30 minutes or so before cooking. If not. Don’t worry, we’re all busy t times.
2. Dice your favourite root vegetables (pumpkin, kumara carrot, potatoes) into 3cm cubes.
3. Lay everything out on a try, toss in a little cooking oil then sprinkle over the dry spices.
4. Pop onto roast for 20 minutes, toss and sprinkle over any more spices. Add cauliflower florets, coat in oil and spices if you’d like to add roast cauliflower to the vegetables. Roast for a further 15 minutes until cooked through. Serve as is with gravy made from the dish (watch the video recipe). So good!
5. If there are leftovers serve the next day as part of roast spinach salad with walnuts, and feta cheese.
Get Foodbox recipes to your inbox
Share this recipe
Keywords: Chicken Drumstick Roast, Chicken Drumstick, Roast Chicken, Chicken