Cabbage and Fennel Fish
Yield: 2 servings
Dish: New Zealand Original
Cuisine: New Zealand
- 1 Cabbage (red or white)
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 favourite white fish
- 1-2 eggs for the batter
- Flour for the batter (Hint – gluten-free flour makes lovely light batter)
- 1 tsp fresh crushed ginger and garlic
- Prepare Cabbage by slicing into 1-2 cm slices to make patties (across the crown) try your best to keep a whole round slice
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil & garlic in the frypan, fry each cabbage side for 30 sec.
- Prepare fennel by slicing like a lamb rack. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in the frypan with 1 tsp ginger and fry each side for 30 sec
- Batter fish with egg then flour and fry in a little olive oil until browned
- You’re done..!! Serve with a few chunky homemade wedges to the side.
Review this recipe
0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.