Braised Chicken and Choko
Yield: 4 servings
Dish: New Zealand Original
Cuisine: New Zealand
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp garlic
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 chokos
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked bell pepper
- A handful of fresh oregano
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1/2 a lemon
- Place chicken thigh in a bowl and marinate in 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a large frypan and fry onion and garlic until light brown
- Add chicken thighs to the frypan and cook one side for 10 minutes.
- Flip chicken thighs, add choko and dressing and the chicken stock
- After 10 minutes add oregano and stir through
- Cook until the thighs are cooked and a thick sauce forms, approx another 10 minutes.
- Serve with lemon squeezed on top
Get Jenny's recipes to your inbox
Share this recipe
Keywords: Braised Chicken and Choko, Chicken Choko, Braised Chicken, Chicken