Yield: 4 servings
Dish: main meal
Cuisine: New Zealand
- 4 pieces of schnitzel
- A handful of prunes
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 carrots
- 2 capsicums, olive oil, 1 tsp of chilli flakes
- 1 onion
- Mint and butter to garnish
- In a good strong blender, blend: prunes, egg and carrots into a pulp. Add a little water if required. I also like to leave my mix a little chunky.
- Mix bread crumbs through the prune mix
- Add filling into the centre of each schnitzel piece and roll, this is your beef olive!
- In a roasting tray place beef olives, diced capsicum and onion cut into the quarter and coat in olive oil and chilli flakes
- Roast everything for 20 minutes at 180c
- Meanwhile pop potatoes onto boil (cut small or microwave for 5 mins to speed up)
- Blend together roasted capsicums and peeled onion.
- Top with a dollop of butter and fresh mint with your potatoes.