Peaches on French Toast
I was so excited to see peaches next week, I couldn’t help myself. I just love love, peaches, French toast and vanilla ice cream. Peaches for desert or breakfast!
¾ cup of milk
2 tsp sugar & butter (use oil as a healthier option)
5 slices of white bread (or brioche, or wholemeal bread for a healthier option)
1 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp vanilla essence
Vanilla icecream (or natural yoghurt for a healthier option)
Walnuts or almonds.
1. Whisk together: eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon
2. Soak bread slices in the egg mixture (approx. 1 minute per slice), set aside
3. Meanwhile finely chop almonds or walnuts and dry fry for 30 seconds in a fry pan
4. On medium heat in a fry pan melt butter and toast. Turn once when brown
5. Assemble with bread, peaches, ice-cream and nuts sprinkled on top.