This recipe was shared by Angela Eastwood. A full creamy vegetarian and vegan meal, yet quite healthy (you would never know it was vegetarian and healthy!).
1 large onion (finely diced)
3 cloves crushed fresh garlic
2Tbsp olive oil
400g chunky chopped mushrooms
2 tsp smoked paprika
140g tomato paste
200g sour cream (3/4 tub) (use natural coconut yoghurt as an alternative).
Salt & pepper
1. In a large fry pan or wok heat 1Tbsp oil, add onion and garlic. Cook on low heat for 10 mins until softened
2. Add chopped mushrooms to the pan, raise heat and cook for 5-10 mins until the mushrooms start to brown
3. Add more oil (1 Tbsp), paprika, tomato paste and mix until it boils (2-5 mins)
4. Remove from heat and stir through sour cream
5. Serve garnishing with parsley. Great with pasta but if you love potatoes like me,... tasty with roast potatoes too.