Homemade Apple Muesli Bar
Chocolate could be added,......
This is a recipe made with NZ ingredients, so enjoy!
I love homemade muesli bars so couldn’t help but add one to the recipe list. Makes 8 full bars and takes 40 minutes
1 cup of rolled oats
1 cup of rice pops
1 Tbsp of golden syrup
4 apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
1/2 cup of water
1. In the baking dish lay out the oats and rice pops and bake for 15 minutes at 180C until lightly browned
2. Meanwhile in a pot add the apples, 1/2 cup of water and golden syrup, cook for 5-10 mins until soft and all water has just evaporated
3. Remove from heat and blend into a sauce
4. Let oats, rice pops and apples sauce cool for 10 minutes. When everything is temperate to touch, mix together oats, sauce, and all other ingredients
5. Press into a lined baking tray and put on to bake at 180ºC for 25 minutes
6. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes
7. Remove from paper and cut. Leave overnight to fully set. However if you are greedy, I am sure at least one will be eaten before the night is up!